Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Finished Ornament


This is the completed ornament for the Christmas in July exchange. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. It is a design by Nikkie Leeman at Country Cottage Needleworks that is found in the August 2008 JCS Christmas Ornament Preview magazine.
I stitched over one on 28 count Mushroom Lugana using DMC 869, 3362, white Marlitt, Dark Blue from The Dye Shop, and Kreinik Very Fine Braid 002. I love the way the finished product sparkles, but I'm not eager to stitch over 1 with Kreinik again. I do hope my pal likes it!

5 comments:

Velda said...

Amanda, that is TOTALLY gorgeous!

Kristin said...

Wow...it looks wonderful finished off. Great job.

Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful ornie!! Congrats on finishing it off! I hope your back feels better today.

Margaret said...

Ooooooh I love the colors of this one. Great finish! And yay for ornaments giving you a bit of a kick...

Shebafudge said...

That is really pretty and your finishing is lovely! Congratulations.