Saturday, January 03, 2009

Christmas Blessings and Coughing on the Couch

Happy Holidays to my blog friends!

Christmas was wonderful for us. Very busy trying to get around to see everyone, but wonderful none the less.

Cheese enjoyed his presents and spent most of the day with his new Nintendo DS.

The best part about Christmas was that my whole family was together. For reasons I won't get into, our relationship with my niece and nephews has been fragile over the last few years. Things have improved and all three of them were able to join us for Christmas dinner. I sincerely hope this is the first step toward mending the ties between us. I've missed them terribly and I've vowed to do my part in keeping in touch with them.

The day after Christmas I didn't feel too well. I thought it was just a cold, but it turned into something more. I've been on the couch all week trying not to cough. I did go to the doctor on Monday, but I think I'm allergic to the antibiotics he gave me. I had huge plans to finish Cheese's bedroom this week, but I've done absolutely nothing. I'm still coughing quite a bit and if it doesn't slow down by Monday, I'll go back to the doc.

I have been stitching in between coughing spells and naps. I'm hoping to do more today and tomorrow before I share a pciture.

I'll leave you with two pictures of the cats. Shadow crawled in this bag and stuck his head through the handle. It's a cute picture and I did get him out and put the bag away before he got himself caught in there. Libby was enjoying the festivities, waiting for a stray piece of ribbon or a bow to play with.




Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Cheese certainly looks happy with his new toy! I hope you feel better soon. No fun being sick over the holidays for sure! And the kitties are too cute! Mine hid under our bed because of all the noise. LOL! Happy New Year to you and your family, Amanda!

Kristin said...

Glad you had such a good Christmas. Feel better soon. Love the cute kitties.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I'm so sorry to hear you've spent your holidays sick!

Shadow looks just like my Hunter even down to the expression on the face!

gumma said...

Just read your christmas post. I know you are better by now.Later Gumma